Law Firm Website Design
Law Firm Websites Designed to Convert Visitors into Leads
Almost anyone can build a website, but ApricotLaw has some of the sharpest designers and developers in the industry. The difference in law firm income from a state-of-the-art website compared to a site built by the average designer is staggering. Beautiful, modern, custom-designed websites that look amazing and function perfectly on all devices will result in more money for your law firm.
Why does it matter what your website looks like?
Website design serves several functions that are vital to converting visitors. It must be visually pleasing, engaging, functional, easy to navigate, and informative.
First, the website must be visually pleasing so visitors feel comfortable while engaging with your content. If the visuals are jarring, distracting, or downright aggressive, this can make your visitors want to leave and look elsewhere. Colors, patterns, font style and size, and overall layout are all designed to be visually pleasing for the visitor.
The website must also be functional. It needs to tell the visitor who you are and what you’re about. It needs to be eye-catching and deliver your message quickly, clearly, and concisely.
Your website should be easy for your visitors to navigate. At no point while a visitor is on your site should they feel confused or unsure of where to click next. Organizing information on the site is vital to a visitor’s overall engagement and experience while on your site.
We’ve all been on websites that are poorly designed, so you probably already understand how frustrating that can be; how you just want to give up and leave the site. We don’t want your visitors to ever leave your site because of poor design. Our SEO team worked hard to get those visitors to your site, and we want to keep them there, thank you very much.
In addition, your website must be designed to convert. For instance, if you have a contact button that the visitor can’t find, they might give up and leave your website. It’s vital to have all key information—particularly conversion information—handy when the visitor is ready to convert.
Finally, you must provide accurate content that actually helps your visitor. Quality content is a must in website design. Not only must it be informative, but it must also be well-written, and geared toward your audience. You can have the best content in the world, but if it’s written for the wrong audience, your visitors won’t connect with the material.
They must feel as though your website is answering their questions and calming their fears. When your content does that, they will feel like your firm has already solved their problems. They will feel like they can trust you and will likely take the next step—calling you directly or completing the online contact form.
Everything design-related must be geared toward converting your visitors into leads. It’s important to have top designers that study how design can impact conversion. Our designers are stay ahead of the game by keeping up on all the latest design trends and conversion tips.
Website design changes fast; technology is always advancing; and, better tools are increasingly becoming available to visitors. Website tools can help visitors navigate faster, use different devices to access your website, provide an overall pleasant and engaging experience.
That’s what visitors are looking for and that’s what website design at ApricotLaw is all about. Read on for more specific information regarding website design and development.
Mobile Law Firm Website Design, “Responsive” Websites Are Old Now.
All of our clients rank highly in Google and see lots of traffic, so the last piece of the puzzle was to convert this traffic into calls and cases. We can clearly see that 60 percent of this organic traffic comes from mobile searches, so the massive upgrade in mobile design caused a large increase in conversion—it’s a pretty simple concept.
How is our SmartNav smart and help turn leads into long-term relationships with your prospects?
Our 1 Touch SmartPhone user interface opens your prospect’s native dialer, sms, and email apps on both Android & iOS devices, plus we can implement a touch to chat button for firms interested in using live chat services such as nGage or Birdeye. When anyone touches their preferred method of communication button on their smartphone, your new SmartNav logs the data sent to your firm with your contact information in their sent folder for email, call, and sms history.
Why is this beneficial?
It allows users to add your firm to their contacts with a simple touch.
For example, a prospect uses their smartphone to search for “Car Accident Lawyer in _______ .” The prospect finds your firm’s listing in the search engine results and accesses your website. Not everyone memorizes the exact website address they visit, regardless of the device they are using to access it. Additionally, how many users know they could go into their phone’s browsing history to find a site they were previously on or even how to access the history screen from the menu on their device?
When a prospect taps call, text, or email on their phone, all three types of communication are logged in the corresponding app.
Website Design and Development at a Glance
Above The Fold (ATF): The ATF section (the main image at the top of the website) is 100 percent custom with new photography, blurbs/slogans, call-to-action buttons, fonts and colors, custom design elements, trust badges, animations, menu stylings, and more.
Below The Fold (BTF): You get to choose one of eight different BTF models, and you can customize the colors, fonts, text, and images.
Communication: We want the design and development process of your new website to be as seamless as possible. Any snags in this crucial period will hurt your campaign and ultimately your bottom line. For this reason, we require that you provide us with only one decision-making point of contact from your firm.
Our Law Firm Website Development Process and Expectations
- You’ll receive a login credentials request email for hosting, WordPress, and domain registration. Please send us the requested information as soon as possible.
- You’ll receive a WPEngine link to set up your new website hosting (you’ll own this account and everything in it). Please create the account and send us the login credentials.
- We schedule a photographer for a professional photoshoot. The photoshoot needs to happen as soon as possible.
- Content curation: We gather your content files, credibility indicators, trust badges, social profiles, and directory reviews from Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yelp, Avvo, Super Lawyers, Yellowpages, Birdeye, and any other five-star reviews you have.
- We set up the demo/staging site on your new WPEngine hosting.
- Once we receive your photos from the photographer, we design the ATF comp and email it to you for feedback. We need you to review the comp on the day we send it and give us the OK. If you have any revisions, schedule a call with the designers immediately so you can describe your requests. We’ll make the revision, and send it back to you for approval within the same day.
- You’ll receive two ATF revisions during this design process. Additional ATF design revisions are $750 each.
- Once the ATF is approved, we’ll design the BTF comp, and send it to you for feedback/approval. You’ll get two BTF revision during this design process. Additional BTF design revisions are $750 each.
- Any design requests that fall outside of the offered BTF models are considered custom upgrades and will be priced according to the design and development requirements.
- We need approvals on both the AFT and BTF comps two weeks after receiving the photos from the photographer.
- After receiving ATF and BTF comp approvals, the development team codes your new website using the approved comps. Coding a website takes ten – fourteen days. You will not hear from us very much during this period, but we’ll be working hard to turn these comps into your new website.
- We advise against making revisions to your site after we go into the development phase, because it’s like trying to change the floor plan of a building after the walls have gone up. It’s very costly and time-consuming.
- We create a page template for every single page:
- Internal page
- Blog archive page
- Blog post
- Contact page
- We optimize visibility on desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile
- We run a full cross browser test to gather reports on more than 1,500 combinations
- Your site can be ready 50 days after we receive the photography. Before launching, we perform a final and rigorous test to make sure it looks great and works perfectly on all devices.
Expectations during the website design/build process:
Communication is key when developing a website to suit the style and personality of a law firm, so you can expect to receive the best attention and care during this process. You can also expect to love your new site on all devices: desktop, tablet, and mobile.
For more questions, or to receive a website design quote, call 212-960-8584.